So I am being tested yet again.... apparently I have a lot to learn haha. For those of you who know me you know that when it comes to patience- well I don't really have any.
I started my mission papers back in May 2011, I had a plan (as I always do I can't really function without one) Plan was slowly fill out application till September. Get medical and Dental in September/ October-ish send in Papers early November.
All went as planned till November when during my final interview I discovered that I could not send them in until 4 months before my date of availability not 6.
So I was on hold again... till the end of December. December 30 to be exact.
Well those next 6 weeks were by FAR the hardest weeks since I made the decision to serve. Everything that could go wrong DID, I was SO discouraged and had lost my desire to serve all together.... then when I really thought about it and prayed I knew that I needed to go through with it.
My impatient self not wanting to wait ANY longer moved my date of availability up to April 20 so I could send them in December 20 instead of waiting till the 30th. 10 days BIG woop! right?
So December 22 they were officially submitted to Salt Lake City.
Where yup you guessed it another hold up... My papers were flagged at the mission medical office for about 2 weeks before they were submitted on for assignment.
A MILLION urine samples-multiple doctors appointments and a kidney ultrasound later... Salt Lake realized they had flagged it for no reason and forwarded them on without any info from these tests. hahaha
Ya'll know how much I LOVE doctors ;) that was a lovely experience.
So they were forwarded on for assignment during the week of January 11.
Then I waited.
On Sunday January 22 I was informed by my stake president that my call was assigned on Friday January 20.
So since then I have been waiting..... and waiting...... and waiting......
My life has been flashing before my eyes for the past 6 years until this past month.
I think Heavenly Father is trying to teach me patience.
I am not doing so hot if that is the case.... haha
ANY DAY NOW!
YIKES!
this whole thing seems so surreal... I NEVER thought in a million years that I would be going on a mission
it's kind of hard to believe actually, and hasn't really sunk in.
I don't think it will feel real until I am on the plane and even then it probably won't feel real.
I have made progress in the patience area though I did not drive to Spruce Grove tonight to check the mail...
(I have my tenants checking the mail box instead haha hopefully they checked it!?! what if it's in there right now?! YIKES!! guess I won't know till tomorrow)

YAY! Yay! YAY! I can't wait to find out where your going. Kayla your going to be the raddest missionary EVER!
ReplyDeleteYou're a super star! I would be going crazy too! I'm waiting fro immigration papers. Not nearly as exciting but waiting on the mail SUCKS!!!! LOVE YOU! Can't wait to find out where you're off too! You're going to be such a fabulous missionary! :)
ReplyDelete