So it FINALLY came!!!! I can't believe it is FINALLY here! I FINALLY have a legitimate mission call! WOWZA! This is really happening :) So the 2 weeks that I waited from the time I found out it had been assigned until the day I finally received it were a little nerve wrecking not gonna lie... But then finally on Friday February 3...
I got a text from my tenants out in Spruce Grove that said
"there is a Giant white envelope from a church in the mailbox for you...is that what you've been looking for?"
I got a text from my tenants out in Spruce Grove that said
"there is a Giant white envelope from a church in the mailbox for you...is that what you've been looking for?"
YES!
So I immediately called my Mom because her and my Dad wanted to drive up and be with me when I opened it. So they started driving up and I stayed at work to distract myself haha. Cool thing is Mama & Papa (my grandparents) happened to be up at my aunts for the weekend so I was able to open it with them to.
So I finally got to Spruce Grove at about 8:30 ish I think and checked the mailbox!
Sure enough it was there!
This is my Extremely nervous/ excited face!
In my mind I am thinking "WOAH BABY! this is for real!"
So I had to talk to my tenants for a bit then I headed over to Auntie Jens house.
Where no one had a clue that it was here they juts thought I came out to drop some stuff off and visit. Which was legit because that was the plan...
So then about 5 minutes later my Mom & Dad walked in and Mama was like "what are you guys doing here?" and then I said "I have something to open" she took a few seconds and then she got SUPER excited and kept saying "Oh my! Oh my! Oh my!" haha it was pretty funny
So then we all gathered around in the Living room and I opened it up.
I covered up the actual call letter with the info packet so I could read it one line at a time and not skip ahead.
So I read the first line that says
"You are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."
Then I move it to the next line and I start to laugh and I say "Well this is funny!"
and I continue to read...
"You are assigned to labor in the Canada Winnipeg Mission"
I continued to read and I report to the Missionary Training Center May 30 2012, and I am English speaking.
I am SO EXCITED!!!
I have never been east of Alberta! So this is foreign to me ;)
I am soooooo grateful for the opportunity I have to be going on a mission!
I am soooooo excited to FINALLY have a mission call!
I am sooooooo excited to be going to the Canada Winnipeg Mission!
I am sssoooooooo grateful that I am going to be speaking English!
I am sooooooo happy that I am going on May 30 because it gives me tons of time to get everything in order!
My favorite part of the whole thing is that for the past few months as people have been trying to guess where they think I am going every time some one would guess somewhere crazy foreign my response every time was "Let's be serious I am going to Saskatchewan"
My mission covers the entire province of Saskatchewan! hahaha
My mission is HUGE! it covers all of Saskatchewan, all of Manitoba, a HUGE chunk of Ontario, a little piece of Minnesota and a tiny little snippet of Alberta.
How cool is that!??!??!?!?!?!!
and the best part is that I do not leave until May 30 which means I do not have to work myself to death for the remainder of my time in Edmonton because I have adequate time to get everything situated! So I will be able to relax and have some fun before I go! YAY! less 12 hour days! woohoo!
"Goin to Winnipeg!"
According to Google this is the Manitoba Flag
look at the cute little buffalo... haha
I LOVE my mission already!


I'm soo stoked for you! I'm sorry I ruined your facebook post. Looking back now ... it was a silly thing to do. I hope you still love me!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!!!!!! I am SO excited for you!
ReplyDelete