So that night I finally was able to pack because I knew where we were going and after making some delicious scones we began our journey......
Made it to Calgary night one then bright and early the journey began.....
We dropped in to check out what all the fuss is about the Leich collieries in the crowsnest pass
As we suspected not a whole lot to see... but still cool its A LOT bigger than it looks from the road
I climbed up this little wall thing but Brett wouldn't come so I told him I found a cannon and tricked him into climbing up (The so-called cannon was that big hunk of steel on the ground) He was not impressed.
Paid a little visit to good old Frank Slide.
Made a little video to promote CANADA's BIGGEST Rock slide!
Sparwoods infamous BIG Truck
Then Kayla got GRUMPY...could have been the lack of sleep could have been a number of things...but what I do know is that it definitely pissed off Brett because he couldn't make it better....so then Brett got GRUMPY! and for a whole day and half we hardly even talked!!! it was miserable we were both ready to come home early! but continued on and discovered a Drive thru convenience store......only in America...
It was very entertaining...not gonna lie. The little store worker had to run around and get us what we wanted while we hung out in the car. I'm pretty sure he thought I was retarded because I took like a million pictures in the store.
My american gangster photo shoot I think we were in bonners ferry?? but I really have no clue, I was asleep majority of the time Brett just woke me up for the highlights.
The night We got to Portland we decided to check out a donut store called VooDoo donut which turned out to be an R-rated donut store
that apparently Brett had seen on the Food Network on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives"
It was a really neat little donut place if you ignored the inappropriate slogans and the perverted donuts they made. hahaha there most common slogans are "The magic is in the hole" as seen on the sign. and "Everything good comes in a pink box" which was wrote on the pink box that the donuts are sold in. aside from the underwear hanging on the walls inside and the perverted shaped donuts it was neat.... the donuts were good.....
We got one GIANT glazed one
And one shaped like a hand that was filled with chocolate pudding like stuff YUMMY!!
After taking this picture Brett thought it would be funny to smush the giant hand into my face
Which was pretty funny I'm not gonna lie...
but he learned shortly there after not to mess with me...
cause the chocolate filled hand immediately had a date with his face
Finally we had overcome our Grumpyness and on wednesday we decided to have a better day and try really really hard not to be so darn Grumpy. we woke up and decided to go check out the Portland temple, Which was ssooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
As you drive up to it, all you can see is trees, its hidden behind HUGE trees and the grounds as always are immaculate! It was so pretty and for the first time on the trip I was in a SUPER good mood!
As a joke I said to Brett "can we skip the NBA game tonight and just go look at temples?"
I'll expand on that thought later...
We then hit up the OMSI center in portland which is basically telus world of science on steroids there is WAY more stuff to play with so it was perfect for Brett and I because we are super A.D.D.
We got in trouble for taking this picture of our hard work on this pyramid
But the Lady said we were aloud to take a picture on the camel. so we did and then didn't take any more pictures at the OMSI center. :(
Brett has a thing for Ghetto restaurants so when we discovered this one it was perfect.... it's called the roadside attraction. We were going to eat there but when we asked the waiter what his favorite thing on the menu was he said, " don't ask me that question, My favorite thing on the menu is the ink." so we decided to get out of there.... and just kept going to random crap restaurants until we were full of appetizers.
Did I mention Wednesday was Brett's 24th birthday????
Supposedly he "hates" birthdays but I managed to trick him into going to this place that was famous for their desserts and got the waiter to put a candle on it. He pretended not to be impressed but look how excited he was.... hahahaa
Then it was NBA time! I had never been to an NBA game before so we decided to go all out!
There was Free airbrushing goin on everywhere for people to get there faces painted.
I told the guy to make me look as ridiculous as possible. My face was covered in stars and my forehead had the portland Logo on it and the side of my face said RIP city UPRISE! hahaha
It was soooo much fun!! I've been to hockey games, football games & a lacrosse game but this topped them all because I actually could follow it and knew what the heck was going on! it was sooooo much fun!! I'll definitely be going to another one some day!!
Because Portland's Score Broke 100 everyone is the building got free chalupas!! from Taco bell. During the game Brett tried to explain this to me and I had a very blonde moment and asked if everyone in portland got a Free chalupa? he laughed in my face and that became an ongoing joke. After we picked up our free chalupas we started for home. I had recieved a call that day from work and they had some welding for me to do Friday :) I was soo excited to work again it has been so long with this school junk ive been doing!. So Brett started Driving us back home. He woke me up at about 1:30 and was parked infront of the Seattle temple. (Because I had said I wanted to skip the NBA game and go see temples instead) It was beautiful!! even at 1:30 am. there were still people there cleaning so the gate was open and we were able to walk around the grounds a bit. It was so AWESOME!! the front of it has lots of colorful stained glass so it was REALLY pretty at night when it was all lit up!
Then I went back to sleep and Brett woke me up again at 4:00am only this time we were parked in front of the Vancouver Temple. It was really neat. The fence is really close to the temple so we were able to walk around the whole thing even though it was 4:00am and it is surrounded by parking lot so we drove around it as well. It wasn't lit up at all though which I thought was weird because I thought temples were always lit up at night.... but it was 4:00am so that could have something to do with it maybe?
The NBA game was awesome and the OMSI center was a blast and the drive was fun to,
But I think my favorite part of the trip was getting to see the 3 temples.... I love temples I have a weird obsession with them at the moment. I love looking at them, and going to them as much as I can. Some day I will be able to go through myself :) untill then I just admire them
on the way home we stopped in this town of about 200 people and I was Brett's date to
the Vavenby Homecoming
as you can see by the writing on the Tire.
ALL in ALL we had a GREAT trip. we always have soooo much fun together no matter what! its ridiculously entertaining. I gonna miss Mr. Olsen when he's gone as much as I hate to say lame things like that; it is true. He is soooo good to me! and soooo FUN!! But he will be an AMAZING missionary and I know he will help A LOT of people and that it is what he needs to be doing right now!!
Thanks so much for all the FUN memories and adventures Brett it's been a slice. your the BEST!
you are going to dominate South Carolina!
I am going to Hate the crowsnest pass :)
LING HAO Olsen

I've seen that doughnut place on TV as well. It looks like you had a WONDERFUL trip! When I come up there we should take off and find a temple to go do baptisms in. I haven't done baptisms in a super long time. I love and miss you!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou two are my FAVOURITE! I live through your crazy adventures :) Sweet pics Kayla
ReplyDeleteYay baptism trip I LOVE! when I come to Vegas to play with you guys lets do that as well!!!
ReplyDeleteAshley you and Caleb are my FAVORITE!!!!!!! and that'll be the last of the adventures my travel buddy is leaving VERY soon! :(
~so bitter sweet~
okay, I'll admit it, I cried reading this post...I am so happy for you, and for brett, and I loved seeing all your pictures of the temples! I think that is a world record of temples seen in 24 hours! You better tell me when you are going through the temple, I want to be there! Love you Kayla!
ReplyDeleteawww Love you Amy!! I'll let ya know for sure! but there not going to let me go until I get hitched.....and lets be serious that wont happen anytime soon hahaha I would love for you to be there :)
ReplyDelete