Saturday, July 9, 2011

Canada Day!!

So I'm not gonna lie I was not nearly as patriotic as I could/should have been on Canada Day but I did do a little celebrating! 1st off Alyssa & I woke up @ 8:30 and went to the free pancake breakfast down at the legislative building... where we ran into Russel & Bethany...(They were WAY more decked out than us) P.S. I found out this day they are having a baby boy in October!!  CONGRATS!!!
If you look closely her shirt said "Everyone loves a Canadian girl" but she crossed it out and wrote Baby Boy 
And Yes my eyes are closed.... haha

After Pancakes Alyssa had to go to work so we headed home so she could be there by 11. She is a hair dresser. Now most of you know I am on a SUPER tight budget @ the moment working my way out of debt... but in order to maintain my sanity I decided to treat myself to a new dew...Since I hadn't aloud myself to spend any money in couple months... Alyssa being the lovely lady she is gave me a steal of a deal so I couldn't resist. Shortly after she went to work on Canada Day I follwwed her there...

This is the before shot 
My bongs were super long and awkward so I was just wearing a head band ALL THE TIME!
It's VERY long been a while since I cut it...

 

During shot haha


Foils always look so ridiculous while being done.... the things we do to try to look beautiful lol


And here is an after I just got a trim cause I'm super attached to my long hair right now.... but this pic shows the highlights pretty good. There are "lowlights" as well but hard to see. and my bangs are manageable again YAY!!


After the "New Dew" and Alyssa having to stay late @ work to finish cause I have a lot more hair than we realized... It was time to make some supper. We got home and Alyssa went to check the freezer to see what we had and look what she found....


Yup a Canadian Pizza!! what are the chances? that was the only one we had left in the freezer 
it worked out Perfect!!

After our 2 person Pizza party we headed over to the household of Bohnet, Jared, Scott, Brad & Daylin. (Basically my second home) They had some running around to do so we tagged along with Scott & Brad. While Alyssa Scott & I were waiting outside wal-mart for Brad to come back and pick us up, we tried out the kiddie pools outside.  


Funny story: I was laying in the kiddie pool after Scott had gotten out and this little girl came over to me and she couldn't have been more than 4. We thought her dad called her Kayla so Scott said hey her name is Kayla as well. the little girl came right up close to me and said, "I don't buy it." hahahaha
Then her dad called her again and she didn't go instead she was in the pool Scott's in in the picture and she leaned over the edge of the pool and put her face like not even an inch away from mine and said in this little demon child voice, "I'm gonna dump you out if this pool." and then proceeded to attempt to do so.... then she went to her dad and I quickly left because she scared the heck outta me. It was all cute till the demon voice freaked me out when she was like 1/2 inch away from biting my nose off.....

hahahaha then we went to the fireworks......and that was my Canada Day 2011
Hope you all had a great day! What did you do for Canada day?

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the hair!! I was at girls camp for Canada day however I did hang a flag!!!! It was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute hair Kayla! You look so good! (as usual) Sounds like a fun time!! I blogged about out canada day...backpacking. It was amazing! Can't wait to see ya at thunder in the valley

    ReplyDelete