First off I would just like to say I have WONDERFUL friends!!! Thank you sooooo much to EVERYONE who helped with this larger than anticipated en devour! I truly appreciate more than you will ever know!
As you all know I own a house in Spruce Grove, sadly due to costs of school last year and my Loathing of commuting to Edmonton each day I am no longer living there. However I am so Blessed to have Wonderful tenants occupying/ taking care of my house for me while I'm not there.
Since I bought the house in 2007 the yard has DESPERATELY needed some serious TLC
But as the renovations and life in general kept me so busy this ALWAYS got put at the bottom of my priority list. But this year when my plans changed yet again and there was now a possibility that I will not be around for a good 18 months I decided it was time to at least attempt to make my yard as low maintenance as possible for while I'm away.....
So here are some Before pictures of my trashy looking yard:
So we Finally scheduled to commence this project Saturday of August long weekend.... I had the Dirt and Mulch Delivered Friday. The weather report said it would be clear from Wednesday to Monday so I figured this would be safe.... Around Noon on Friday I got a call from the delivery man saying he was unable to unload on the back driveway and would have to put it out on the front street.
O.K. no big deal shouldn't take up too much room right?
WRONG!!! He dumped it and it was covering half the flippin road!
So that's all fine at this point.... about 2 hours later my Tenant calls me and says Sprice Grove is having a freak Rain storm and all my supplies are washing away down the front street!
Panic ensues!!! I have just put money into this stupid yard rather than on my debt for this check and all that cash is now running down the street!
I work about 40 minutes away so by the time I could have got there it would have been too late.... So I called my Dear Friend Jeffy Bennett who SAVED THE DAY!!!
He ran over with the world's BIGGEST tarps and covered everything and dug a trench in the pooring Rain so that all the water would pass by instead of pooling and taking away my supplies.
When I got there about 45 minutes later Jeffy was SOAKED!!!! and the sky was clearing up....of course!
I felt so bad! but I am SOOOO grateful that he helped me out! Your the Bomb Jeffy!! Thanks for saving the day!!! So after the freak rain storm I stayed in Spruce- uncovered the dirt and mulch so it could hopefully dry in time for Saturday's plans- got things all sorted out for the next day.
We started at about 9 am and before 10 the police had shown up......
You know you live in a safe community when the cops are trying to hand out tickets for having dirt on the road..... Good Grief go fight some crime or something!! Anyway we assured Mr. Police man that the dirt & Mulch would be gone that day before we took off..... and he left us alone. (this most likely happened because Mr. Delivery Man dumped the dirt half way out in the street.... and Woodhaven Drive is kind of a busy road......) but none the less I got off Ticket free THANK HEAVENS!
These are some during photos....
Poor Scott is so hard core! he worked way to hard in the SUN and was M.I.A.
under the truck for a few hours. But he woke up and went at it again. Thank you Scott!
Ryan McKay and Jared Nelson: the brains of the whole operation
Thank you guys sooooooooo much!!!
Bohnet quote of the day "I might work wimpy, but I'll work wimpy all day!"
hahaha thanks Bohnet your the best!
and TA-DA the end result after 2 full days of hard work!!
Saturday there were 9 of us at one point!
Ryan
Jared
Bohnet
Scott
Jeffy
Hayley
Spencer
Pip
&
Me
and there were 5 of us that put in a full 12 hour day!!
Good Grief it took WAY longer than anticipated!!
Then Monday was another 12 hour day for
Jared
Bohnet
Alyssa
&
Me
Jared and Bohnet spent Monday putting in a sidewalk for me around the garage
Thank you ALL sooooo much!!!! Your the BEST!!!!!
Try to ignore the CROP CIRCLE where my tenants had their kiddie pool..... It will recover one day...
O BEAUTIFUL grass seed! I cannot wait until you GROW!! it will be so beautiful!!
& it even has a Beautiful slope now!!!!
YAY you can see the Shrub again!! it was 100% taken over by weeds!
O hey Bohnet...
This dirt patch will be beautiful grass one day :)
Thank you ALL soooooo much!! you are WONDERFUL!!
I am so blessed to have such AMAZING friends!!
I LOVE how it turned out! I couldn't be happier!!
Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!
LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Looks good lady! It's a good thing you're well loved! It looks like it was a lot of work!!
ReplyDeleteLooks Fantastic!!! Amazing really. Good work Kayla :)
ReplyDelete