I LOVE welding
Not gonna lie some days still tend to DRAG on but for the most part time flies when I'm @ work.
Someone recently asked me why I love welding so much... Took me a while to respond I really had to think about it. But then I realized it's mostly because I find it quite relaxing I guess. While I'm @ work I just well... work. I'm just in my own little world free to think about whatever I want or even better nothing @ all. I listen to the radio or my iPod and I just get to chill. I am very lucky to have a career doing something that I love. Here are a few pictures @ my current work place.....
This is me and Joe (My work Dad) This was on what we thought was my last day at Universe Machine because I left for University.... but in all reality I never really left I went part-time for a year and now I'm back in action. haha
This is what I look like everyday at work...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA YA RIGHT!!!
this is what I look like @ 7:30am monday morning because I still have
"Sunday Hair"
This is a little more accurate as to what I look like everyday at work....
This was the inside of a ball-valve it is solid steel and looked like a football helmet....
So inevitably Father Joe and I had to take advantage of this photo opp.
Father Joe
No he is not a priest.... but he is fairly entertaining we work side by side in the exiled welding bays
This was one of my Saturday Overtime jobs last month....
I had to weld inside like that all day.... most of the time my entire upper body was inside and it looked like I was about to fall in.
This is me in all my P.P.E. (Personal Protective Equipment)
I am "supposed" to wear ALL of it all the time... but it gets WAY too HOT!!
So I wear the respirator for the really nasty stuff and when Grinding but that's about it
I bad girl.
My latest Burns.....Owy....they seem to be scaring.....dangit! Ugly legs now!
This was me in my little hide out this was a sweet set-up I had EVERYTHING I needed within arms reach all day hahaha I hardly had to move at all....talk about LAZY!
Notice the Smoke extractor thing.....so not to worry I won't die from not wearing my respirator this shop has the best ventillation of any shop I've ever worked in....
So for the most part I LOVE my job.
I am so Blessed.


You are so incredibly funny! Gosh I love you!! Ouch Yucky burns. Just wait until you get "g's" They should help.
ReplyDeleteKayla I love that you love what you do! I love it to!! Its so wicked. I'm a bit jealous I'll admit haha Scars are awesome just so you know!!! But stop burning yourself. ;)
ReplyDelete