Wednesday, October 5, 2011

If only I could keep up!!!

Wow! where has the time gone?
seriously.
each week seems to fly by faster and faster than the last.
I wish I could keep up with everything, especially this darn Blog.
So I am just gonna briefly post on some of the bigger FUN weekends I have had in the last while.....
I could seriously spend all day writing all the funny stories and mishaps but sadly I just don't have time I REALLY need to keep a journal.... well I do keep a 'journal' but I send it away all the time.... anyway here's my life over the past while in a nut shell.....

Welcome Week -- weekend!
I honestly did not plan on doing any of the welcome week activities this fall because I anticipated I would be working but the overtime died off so I was able to go.... and boy am I glad I did I had soooo much fun!
It was a jam packed weekend! Laura moved back to town so we got her moved back into her place mostly Friday night & we went to a dance/ variety show highly entertaining.
After the dance the northern lights were out BIG TIME!
So Laura & I headed out to her trailer and set up her couch in the driveway and watched the northern lights! it was HILARIOUS! mostly because we were doin this on the driveway on the trailer park but any way SUPER fun and super cool to watch!!


We started out Saturday morning with a Breakfast party at some friends house.
Then we ran some errands and went swimming at the ledge for the afternoon (I had never done this before-it was fairly entertaining) There were tonnes of wedding photos being taken we counted 9 different wedding parties in the 2 hours we were there. Which I think is kinda funny that the background of their photos have people in bikinis all over the place.... but anyway. Also I think it is weird that we swim in the fountains of our provincial building- is this normal? does this happen in other capital cities? or is Edmonton just REALLY messed up?

Then we went  on the 'Amazing race' around Edmonton
Where we had to do a bunch of challenges and take pictures of certain things all over the city. It was surprisingly fun I really didn't want to use the gas in my car to do this but it was totally worth it.
Then there were activities after including a rock-paper-scissors tourny and prizes which was fun. 
But the best part of the day was @ 10:30 when tones of people from Millcreek went and played games in the water at the ledge till like 12:30 It was SOOOOO much fun!!!
Laura doin jazzersize or something--I'm not entirely sure....
 Laura & I-- cutest cuties :)
 Megan & I-- Posers haha



 Kim is the best!
 This was supposed to be a magic carpet ride....haha

Anyway ledge is WAY funner @ night time just sayin....
Then the next day was church and a fireside and they changed the ward boundaries and I got booted out of Millcreek..... SO SAD :(
But I will survive Highlands will be wonderful I'm sure (Haven't been yet due to a temple trip--cousins B-day--and conference--next weekend is thanksgiving--the next weekend is my friends farewell--the next weekend is my cousins farewell-- the weekend after that I WILL be going to my new ward. haha life gets soooo crazy sometimes!!)

Waterton Weekend
So the weekend after all the shuffling of the wards we had already planned. A bunch of people car pooled down to Kim Archibalds cabin which is half-way between Waterton (MY FAVORITE PLACE) and Cardston. So we drove down friday night and everyone we did a temple trip saturday morning which was awesome. I LOVE THE TEMPLE!!
My friend Megan (far right) has a sweet camera and took some WAY cool pics:
 I was just looking at my shoes here and had just said "O crap am I in your way?" haha she was like "nope you are what I am taking pictures of "lol
 I LOVE this one!!
 Yup... I'm a geek :)

Then we headed back to the cabin and had some lunch and waited for everyone to arrive,
this was the view from the cabin. 
 this was the cabin we all stayed at....don't be fooled by this picture this thing was HUGE inside!!!

 then we headed to Waterton for the rest of the day and went hiking. 
I LOVE HIKING!!!
This was Laura at the end of the hike her legs just didn't want to stand anymore



 This was at roughly the 'halfway' point it was soooooo flippin COLD but this pic was actually me posing to look like a homeless starggler
 da crew @ da freezing half way point
we may not look to impressed but we were having the time of our lives.... no jokes!
 Welcome to B.C.
my birthplace :)
 the end of our hike it was so windy @ the top I thought I was gonna blow away ....
literally!
 and the hand with the ring is my freaky swollen michlen man hand. for some reason on the way down my hands swelled up SUPER BAD! I had sausage fingers. it was weird.
Thanks for the AWESOME weekend and for the great hospitality Archibalds! you rock!!

MUMSY came to town
the weekend after waterton my mom came up and Daddio treated us to Manicures and Pedicures! I had never had a pedicure before it was lovely!
 Thats the cute little lady who was in charge of me.
 Mumsy & me
 My hands look super freaky in this pic
toes are weird...
Thanks for the fun weekend mumsy! I LOVE it and had a lot of fun!!


UGLY pants party!!
While we were down at the cabin we decided it would be a good idea to have an Ugly pants party for the girls during priesthood session which was 2 weeks away. So we did! 
It was SOOO FUN! we busted out the root beer Keg, and had a chocolate fountain and everyone participated and wore thier UGLY pants :)
Decor:
 getting it ready
 adding the dry ice to the rootbeer
 mixin it up
witches brew
 The PANTS!!

 chocolate fountain
 bye bye
 word up
Laura preparing for broadway
 dance dance revolution
 sexy pants :)
no one hardly drank ANY rootbeer!! we ended up bottling it and giving it to a bunch of guys
 this was mine and Megans sad attempt at polishing it off
 the lallygagers
 the last of the crew...
 unicorn sighting
(youtube that phrase it is a funny video)

And well there you have it that's what I've been up to over the past month or so...... I wish I could go more into detail cause there are tones of funny stories to go long with all of this.... but there just aren't enough hours in the day.....









2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a rush!! I love the temple pictures!!! The sun was in the PERFECT position! You've never had a pedicure before?? What craziness is this? So I have decided that I'm going to need to you fill in for me as "the wife" when I come home. The family wants to go tobogganing and skating and all those fun things and I can't do any of them :( Poor Jakob will be all alone with no partner sooo I've decided I'd nominate you as "the wife" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayla! Holy cow! haha crazy life but SO FUN!! :) I love how at the crazy pants party you wore the cobra pants haha sick!

    ReplyDelete