So I seem to have fallen off the face of the earth for a bit here....
What have I been up to?
Well getting things ready for the mission seems to be on my mind non-stop! I am so excited!
Official countdown as of today (which is Sunday March, 18, 2012) is:
72 days until I enter the MTC!
which means only 71 days until I fly out.... Wowza! time is FLYING by!
I was able to go through the Edmonton Temple for my first time on February 25th 2012.
I absolutely LOVE the temple :)
Now when I go there I don't just have to chill outside
I am SOOOOO Blessed to live so close to a temple. I can get to the Edmonton Temple from my house in 15 minutes, so I am taking full advantage of this while I can. Seeing as the only Temple in my mission is in Regina Saskatchewan I have a feeling I won't be attending much once I leave....
I have been able to attend quite a few times since I went and I Love it more and more every time I go.
Here are a couple pictures of me the day I went through for the first time:
It literally hadn't snowed up here ALL year! and then the day I go to the Temple we got a HUGE blizzard like storm. Auntie Jen said it was to prepare me for
"Winter-peg" ;) hahaha
The snow was pelting me in the eyes the whole time we were trying to take this picture...
As for other preparations...
~I have begun shopping (Thanks to Ashley & Karla- you guys are life savers)
So I think I'm good for Winter outfits....minus tights still need a bunch of those.
but unless I find some summer stuff I am gonna be one boiling little missionary come May when I leave...
~Licence has been renewed as of Yesterday- I am good to go until 2017 now.
~House is rented out
~Employer knows I'm leaving (& said I had a job when I got back if I wanted it....Bonus!)
~Camera- check!
Slowly but surely things are coming together it is CRAZY how things have worked out so perfectly to make this whole thing possible. When the idea of serving a mission first came to my mind about 2.5 years ago it felt like it was an impossible/ unreachable dream. But the Lord has prepared a way and lo and behold I am going on a mission! I leave for Provo in 72 days! how CRAZY is that!
It honestly still hasn't hit me yet that this is for real. I mean I know I am preparing and the day is getting closer and closer all the time but it still hasn't hit me yet that in 72 days I will be serving as a Full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. My whole life I never thought in a million years that I would serve a mission and now its actually for real happening and
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
To be honest I don't think the reality of it will hit me until I am on the plane.
Heck it probably won't sink in until I am flying home at the end of 2013...
I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be going on a mission I am so blessed! and am so grateful for the changes I have made in my life and for the joy that it has brought me.
I know the next 18 months of my life are probably going to be the most challenging and hard 18 months I will have experienced thus far but I know that I will learn A LOT and it will help me to become more of the person I want to be.
I have so so so so so so so so much to be grateful for!
Man I LOVE life!
I am so blessed LIFE is GOOD :)

:) I love the pictures! I realized later that day I didn't get ANY of us! So sad :( But at least you got some at the temple. Love ya Kayla!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! Next time your here we'll have to go to the temple!! LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete