Those of you who knew me growing up knew that I LOVED my Barbie dolls. In fact I had what was commonly referred to as "Barbie World" in one of the biggest rooms in my parents house. The One Barbie item that I never got my hands on was the "life size" barbie that they came out with. This past Easter the family gathered at Mama and Papa's for our traditional Feast and Egg decorating en devour and something
STRANGE happened at the STANGE house...
It all started when Auntie Nita asked me if I could show her how to curl Amy's hair with a straightener.... so I did and Amy looked GORGEOUS! as always!! that girl is growing up way too fast! Anyway I have been wanting to have Amy try on my grad dress to see if it fits her for a while now so while we had her all dolled up I figured hey lets have her try it on. It fit her better than it fit me when I wore it!
This chicky is only 13!
I LOVE her to pieces!!
Amy is 10 years younger than me and we are the only 2 girls out of the 8 grandkids at these gatherings.
It was SSOOOOO cute once we got Amy all dressed up I thought it would be SUPER cute to have Chet put his suit on and take some pictures with her (Amy and Chet have always been SUPER close they are really close I think they are only about 8 or 9 months apart).
And once I suggested that ALL the boys decided to get their suits on to get pictures with Amy.
First to join was Amy's little Brother Cody...
Then Levi wanted in on it as well....
A.J. is at the "too cool for school" age of 15, but with fairly little persuasion he took part as well.
He's a good sport.
Philip forgot his suit and I didn't have a dress to put on so Auntie Jen and my Mom went hunting and found some unique treasures hanging around Mama's house so that Philip and I could Play dress up to.
Mama and Papa ACTUALLY wore these together in Hawaii in the 80's
Hahahahahahahahaha
she wore a Moomoo! who wears a moomoo? hahaha
We also discovered my Mom's Grad dress, when I saw it I asked if it was from Trek..... Oopsy Daisy didn't like that comment too much..... Just think mom give it a few more years and I'm sure it will be back in style...?
Then we took the Party outside.....
Chett and Amy Driving to America
(I was the first of the grandkids to get my Drivers licence and all my little cousins used to play in my car in front of Mama and Papa's house and pretend they were driving to america. This time they were driving in Pip's car.)
Once Everyone was a "G"-ed up from the feet up we decided we needed a group picture..... Me not really wanting to wear the moomoo decided to hunt down some more Grad dresses from friends in town and Pip ended up sinching up Papa's suit and wore that for the event....
Needless to say I did not fit into my friend Jen's dress that had a zipper so Amy and I had to trade because my dress laces up the back so more room for growth lol.
During the Formal event that I later named Stange Prom, my dearest brother was out mud bogging with his friends and missed majority of the festivities.... But when he got there we wanted him in the pictures with us so he just rocked his regular Jessie James look, It was PERFECT because it was SOO Jessie.
Man I love that kid.
This was my favorite picture of the day.... describes this bunch of cousins to a T
I love these guys so much I refer to them all as my "little" cousins and I probably always will even though majority of them tower over me now..... they will always be my little cousins.
Amy is SOOOOO GORGEOUS!!!!
LOVE that girl!!!!!
We had soooooo much fun messing around playing dress up all day we actually didn't even do our annual easter egg hunt.... we were to distracted playing "life size" Barbies.... So it goes to show it's never too late for your dreams to come true no matter what they were...... hahhaha
I Love my family so much! they are so much fun! We had so much fun!
I had Amy in so many different Grad dresses that I gathered from friends in Claresholm is was funny to see her Dad squirm when he saw how his little girl is lookin so grown up allready!
She's a beauty Uncle Marty your gonna have to watch out pretty quick here....she is 13 now!
















That is way funny! I have my mom's grad dress as well and it totally looks like it's from trek. I wore it as a Halloween costume 2 years ago, dressed as a pioneer lol. Lame I know, but it totally love how freaking vintage it is! See waaaay old blog for details ;)
ReplyDelete