So Mr. Olsen and I made it on one last "road trip" before he left. It was day trip to Waterton on April 25th which was Easter monday we thought we could do some hiking because that was the Funnest thing we've done together to date we decided. All the snow in southern Alberta had been melted for quite some time so we figured a little hike in Waterton would be possible much to our surprise Waterton had not seen as much sun as we anticipated......
The Drifts everywhere were HUGE!!
The waterfall that everyone "must" take there picture in front of every time they are in Waterton.
The drifts were right up over the fence that blocks it off so we walked right up over top of the fence and down to the base of the waterfall.
Waterfall was FROZEN! weird! this is the closest I've ever been able to get to it.
o so attractive
For those of you who may be wondering what the HECK BKC stands for:
it is BK country which is mine and Brett's Reality T.V. show
Brett-Kayla-Country
There you have it mystery Solved
Not too sure why he wrote Doug here but let's roll with it.
For those of you who may have been following my Blog a while back Brett and I went hiking and camped in Waterton one night in this very camp-kitchen. to wake up in the morning and discover the NO-Tenting sign.
This is what our Camp Kitchen looks like in the winter months.
If you look carefully at this picture you will see that I am running around barefoot
When Bret and I walked down to the base of the infamous waterfall I decided to get as close to the edge of the snow as I could and it of course gave way and I fell in the Freezing Cold water. Therefore my shoes and socks were soaked so I took them off and preceded the rest of our journey in the snow in my bare feet.
The Craziest part of this whole story is I ended up sick the next week! Who'd a thunk?
The drifts were so HIGH we were able to walk right up onto the camp kitchen roofs this is at the peak of one of those roofs.
Still on the roof...
Self-Explanatory
This snow BLEW my MIND!
because 25 minutes away in the Town of Pincher Creek there was no snow at all!!
Me showing off my wet-bottom from all my snow adventures...
Attempting to dry off my pants... Do not panic I had sweat pants!
This was the last of our BK Country adventures for now... possibly to be continued?
I'm gonna miss you "Elder Olsen" Good Luck in South Carolina!

I used to run barefoot in the snow back home and now I have arthritis like a silly old person! It looks beautiful. Lovers you
ReplyDelete