So I very RARELY take time to do things that I enjoy aka: hobby time.
A while back probably a couple months now....Holy how time flies! I went on a bit of a crafty streak... I was making cards-bookmarks-budget charts-budget jars etc. It was really fun I liked getting back into my hobbies for a brief moment.... Some day maybe I'll have time to play more often.
I really need to learn to make time for FUN/ enjoyment in my life
I get my mind set on a goal of some kind and then NOTHING else seems to exsist until that particular goal has been achieved... some people would think this is GREAT! I tend to find my drive a little annoying sometimes... Anyway here are some of the crafty projects I did on my little Binge
The ones I took pictures of-I'm still workin on this habit Steph ;)
So I made some scripture book marks for Elder Dougie Olsens new Mini scriptures I made those ones that go in behind the Binding with all the strings coming out. I made them all black no Rainbows :( haha
I forgot to take a picture of the actual project but this is the picture I sent him so he would know what to do with them lol
So back when I used to watch T.V.
I was obsessed with the show "till debt do us part" I don't know why pretty much every episode was exactly the same but I guess I was fascinated with the idea of getting out of debt!
So one of the things she would have people do was live on a strictly cash Budget
She had them divide all their cash into baby food jars so they could physically see how much money there was for Groceries-Food-shelter-Entertainment-etc.
Well the idea I liked but the baby food jars weren't doin it for me
so I found these cute little jars @ the Dollar store by my house for 50 cents a piece
and made little Labels on my Cricket (I hadn't busted out my Cricket in SO LONG- I had fun!!) to go in the clear lids rather than writing what each jar was I would represent it with a picture.
So from Left to Right we have my Rent/Utilities Jar- Gas/oil change jar- Food jar- and Fun $ jar
The Fun money jar is usually almost empty but I was informed that I HAD to allow myself a little entertainment $ to maintain my sanity.
Some would say this is quite O.C.D. of me and their probably right.
But that's O.K. it works for me and it's DEFINITELY helping me to stay on track for my get out of debt plan
So I am on a VERY strict Budget @ the moment as many of you know I have got MEGA plans for myself coming up but 1st I must get out of debt.... well this wouldn't be an issue if I hadn't attended University last year.... but I did and I learned a lot and I'm grateful I had the opportunity blah blah blah.
Anyway so my debt was getting very overwhelming and I desperately needed a visual so that I could physically see my progress, I was getting quite discouraged with this big cloud hanging over my head with no end in sight. So I crafted up this little baby: It hangs on the wall in my room so that I can see my progress when I'm getting discouraged and it reminds me why I am doing all this. This is right after I made it so it's got a lot more markings on it now which means...
I'm getting closer!!! Slowly but surely! by the end of September/ early October I should have a couple more columns checked off! Woohoo!!
Back in the day when I lived in my own place I had a room dedicated to scrap booking/ crafting etc. now when I bust it out it looks like this..... haha on the plus side I guess it forces me to clean up every time I use it
Dear Hobbies; O how I miss you...." 'till we meet again"
It's been a slice


I didn't know you had a cricket!!!! Oh oh I love my cricket, but I totally understand my place looks like a B-O-M-B went off when I pull all my stuff out. Now I'm just too lazy to take it out.
ReplyDelete