Sunday, December 18, 2011

I am Grateful for....


I saw this challenge in the first presidency message this month and on Amy Lou's blog and wanted to do it myself. I did kind of the same thing this week I found a random weekly planner note pad and each day I had to fill out all the rows under that day of things I am grateful (no repeats!) for before I could shut off my light and go to bed... I really liked it I have SO much to be grateful for! 
Now I will try this challenge 10 things I am grateful for under each topic:

1. Physical Abilities
-Sight, I LOVE seeing new things!
-Hearing, I LOVE visiting with people and listening to music
-Walking, I am so grateful for my health and my physical capabilities. I think I take this for granted WAY too much! How Blessed I am to be able to do this every day without even thinking about it.
-I LOVE working with my hands, I LOVE having the ability to create things whether it be crafts, baking, welding, fixing.... anything.
-My ability to Learn, to take in new information and apply it in my life. I LOVE learning
-Taste, mmmmm Christmas baking ;)
-Breathing, O how grateful I am to wake up every morning to live each day in this beautiful country.
-Exercise
-Snowboarding, I LOVE to snowboarding.
-Laughing~ really is the BEST!  

2. Material Possessions
-My Bed
-Laptop
-car
-house
-Welding Helmet
-iPhone (man I LOVE that thing.... a little too much sometimes I think)
-Clothes
-fridge
-stove
-Snowboard!

3. Living People
-Mom
-Dad,
-Jessie
-Mama
-Papa
-Auntie Jen, Uncle Marty, Auntie Nita, Uncle Thornton
-Philip, A.J., Chet, Amy, Levi, Cody
-Laura, Alyssa, Stephanie Bennett, Stephanie Tobler, Ashley McGale, Amy Wilde ;)
-President Monson
-The Savior

4. Deceased People
-Great Grandma
-Grandpa Cal
-Grandma Myrtle
-Uncle Wayne
-Uncle Larry
-President Hinckley
-Joseph Smith
-Emma Smith
-Mary & Joseph
-Clarence & Robert

5. Things about Nature
-Sunshine
-Flowers
-Snow
-Rain (especially the smell of it...and usually only if it is warm outside...)
-Warm weather
-Mountains either covered in snow for snowboarding on.... or beautifully unkempt for hiking. O how I miss the mountains! 
-I Love lakes especially in B.C. they are so clear.
-Trees Big shady ones.... or ones that grow fruit. I LOVE fruit!
-Sunsets they are SO BEAUTIFUL! Sunrises!
-The colours of the leaves in the fall. 

6. Things about today
-Breakfast date with Jeffy mmm froot loops ;)
-Church. I really Love going to church each Sunday. I am so Blessed to have the freedom to do this.
-almost nap
-Spicy Spaghetti (thanks work dad)
-Relaxing with my roomies
-no Working today
-Warm weather it's December 18 for Pete's sake and I wasn't wearing a jacket!
-it snowed :) not enough to be annoying just enough to say "O hey it actually is winter and almost Christmas"
-Time to Blog
-the thought of making cookies.... it almost happened... maybe soon. today before people come.

7. Places on Earth
-My Bed
-The mountains
-Waterton/ Glacier National Park!
-Home
-Vegas I like warmth 
- Mexico is pretty cool to
-Mama's house
-Driving in a car on road trips
-Church
-Europe--> I want to go to Germany!

8. Modern Inventions
-iPhone
-Internet
-Electricity
-online banking (makes life so easy!)
-cars
-Modern medical advances
-dentists
-health care
-Pension
-bicycles

9. Foods
-Chocolate Milk! is the BEST invention EVER!!!!!!
-Chocolate is also pretty good
-Pasta
-Pizza (chicago deep dish Baby!!)
-Soup
-Salad
-Sandwiches
-casseroles!
-COOKIES! I LOVE cookies!!!
-Ice Cream

10. Things about the Gospel 
-The peace it has brought into my life
-the Atonement
-Sacrament
-Temples
-Living Prophet
-Scriptures
-Prophets & Apostles
-Ensign
-Home teachers/ Visiting teachers
-Plan of Salvation! How Cool is that?!?!?! SERIOUSLY though! we have soooooo much potential and SO much to look forward to!!!

I have SO much to be grateful for! I am one truly blessed little lady!

1 comment:

  1. I did this last night too!!! After reading it on Amy's blog. I LOVED It! Then after I was done I just kept thinking of more things haha Love you Kayla!

    ReplyDelete