Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lunar Eclipse Party

Saturday December 10 2011
Friday December 9 was my ward Christmas Party... Laura, Braden & I skipped out of the festivities early as we were not in the mood to sing our lives away... so we hard core dine & dashed 
We went to a local park and played on the swings for a bit....and played on the playground till our hearts were content. Then we hit up Candy Cane Lane.
For those of you who do not know Candy Cane lane is a street in Edmonton where All of the houses go all out with their Christmas Lights and there is tons of stuff going on there each night.
However every year I go I go too late at night and A LOT of the lights are already off. 
This year I thought I FINALLY made it to see the festivities but Laura later informed me that she went back later on and I had yet again missed out... UGH!! one day I will see Candy Cane Lane at its finest!

Anywho after our little adventure we decided to plan a Lunar Eclipse party for the next morning.
I had heard on the radio that the best time to watch it was 5:44 am.
So we told Braden to show up at 5:30.
4:55am there was a knock on Laura's door! GOOD GRIEF! was 5:30 not early enough?!?!?!
Anyway so our day got off to an even earlier start than anticipated... So we bundled up and headed to the park. 
 Laura lives just outside the city so we stayed there anticipating we would get a better view.
After about 20 minutes of freezing at the park and the status of the moon not changing we headed home to start breakfast.
 By 7:30 am we had already made and cleaned up a pancake/ bacon breakfast
Played settlers of Catan and watched a Lunar Eclipse.


I thought a Lunar Eclipse would be RED and SUPER epic to see...
We kept fairly close tabs on it but all that really happened was it disappeared... we are wondering if we maybe missed it? from the pictures we have been looking at it seems as though it was supposed to disappear- turn RED and then come back? 
O well must have missed it... I guess we will have to try again in 2014.

 GOOD MORNING!
I LOVE early mornings!
I accomplished SO SO SO much that day!
I came home around 8 o'clock & had the most productive day of all time it was GREAT!
I LOVE LAURA and our random FUN adventures together!

No comments:

Post a Comment