So before I get into this adventure I have to share my favorite story about my friend Chris HOLIDAY.
I met Chris about 4 years ago when I first moved to Edmonton and did my first stint in YSA. Then I went MIA and 2.5 years later I met up with Chris again when I came back to church for GOOD!
One day between classes I was at the institute visiting with some people and Chris was there being his 'formal' self as I was leaving to head back to class he said, "see ya later Sister Needham"
what the heck? lol no one ever calls me that haha to which I responded, "see ya later.... I can't remember your last name I know it has something to do with Valentines day or Love or something like that." He started to laugh and said, "Holiday? well I guess you could classify Valentines day as a holiday." and everyone was laughing and was like oooo Kayla you associated Chris with love. So I asked him to be my valentine (which at that point was like 6 months away) and from that point on I always called him my valentine.
Anyway back to the Holiday Horses....
So Chris finished dental school and was in southern Alberta the week that I was in the south, Negotiating my contract and saying bye to Brett and all that Crazy Jazz. Chris rides horses and I like riding horses so he offered to take me riding! It was soooooooo much FUN!
I woke up VERY early and got to his house at like 10-ish I think
Then the FUN began.
We went out and got the horses...they were VERY friendly and willing to cooperate I just had a little bucket of oats and they followed me right out of the pen right over to this post.
This was the first horse I rode that day...he was SOOOOOOO good
his name was Checkers!!
He was SUCH a good horse!
These were my SAD attempts at getting on the horse without a saddle.....apparently I am NOT a natural at this jazz lol
We rode down to the St. Mary's river that morning It was soooooo much FUN! we didn't get back until about 2:00
We crossed the River a couple times this was a "fake" shot because the river was too deep where we actually crossed to be messing around with the camera so Chris had me go back in at a shallower spot and pose. Where we actually crossed only the horses head was out of the water and he almost got swept away at one point. He was SOOOOO good though! I fell in love with him.
Got a nice little shot of the crew... put the timer on the old camera.
Look at those good horses both looking at the camera So Photogenic
This is the infamous sulky. Normally Chris puts Checkers on the Sulky but we had already taken him out so Chris decided to put SIR on it. He had never been hooked up to the Sulky before and did really well for his first time according to Chris. We walked him around for a bit on it and he seemed OK so we got on the back and he was doing well and then we got to the ditch to cross to enter into the field and he spooked and started Baggin through the ditch and going nuts! So I'm hanging on for dear life as Chris is trying to stop him. Chris ended up having to jump off and run in front of the horse to stop him. I could not stop laughing for soooooo long!! IT was so HILARIOUS!
This is Sir hooked up to the Sulky...
After the Sulky it was time to go home.....or go riding again.....hmmm OBVIOUSLY I chose riding again!!!
this guys name is Buck
I Love BUCK!!!!!
he was my very FAVORITE!! what a good looking horse!
he's a stud and has such a sweet mane it makes him look CRAZY! I LOVE IT!! he is SO handsome!
I want a buckskin horse!! they are gorgeous!!!
He was SOOOO good we went passed a field with a whole bunch of horses in it and he ran beside them all it was so FUN I think he wanted to race them...cause he dominated, and would have been ever quicker if I wasn't holding him back....
Thanks for all the FUN Chris
I had a WONDERFUL day
I LOVE horses!!
I want a horse sooooooo BAD!
I'm thinking palomino or Buck-skin. But I am broke and have no land
so I just need to find myself a cowboy I guess....

I want to go riding SOOOO bad! Jakob is scared of horses though and here they will only let you play in a coral or with a guide. So not fun.
ReplyDelete