So there are a few things that I have been meaning to Blog about for a while now.... so this may be a little out-dated but thats ok.... My motto is "better late than never" cause I'm seriously late for everything!! with the exception of work (this did not used to be the case so I guess that is a step in the right direction.....)
First of all I had just finished my second teaching practicum and was stopping by the school to say hi to my former students so I thought it would be a nice gesture to drop off some thank-you cards so I ran into Micheals to find something (I know this is like a sin given the amount of scrap booking stuff I have.....but I didn't have time to whip something up...) So anyway getting off track here on my way out of the store I see this.....
Some of you may look at this and say "ya big deal a bike..."
WRONG! Look closer..... there is a DOG zippered into the pouch on the back wearing sunglasses
hahahahahahahaha I laughed so hard when I saw this.... the little guy looked like he meant business and could probably hardly move but it made me laugh.... So I thought I would share.
Second Bye Bye Brett.....
So Brett Olsen Reported to the MTC on May 4th 2011 which means he flew out May 3rd which means I had to say my goodbyes May 2nd.
I went to his place that morning and we made grilled cheese and took one last "Road Trip" before he left. We went to Clear Lake hahahaaha So it was fairly insignificant in comparison to the rest of the road trips we have taken together but some how we still managed to make it a ridiculously entertaining trip. Here are some pictures before the good-bye/ Waterworks.... I swear this kid does not take a normal picture so this is as good as it gets.....hahaha
So I left his place and was a mess of tears....Happy tears mind you but tears none the less. That was a REALLY hard good bye! It was so Messed up! cause I was SOOOO HAPPY to see him going on a mission, but at the same time was so sad to be saying goodbye to my best friend for the next 2 years....We have been through A LOT together!
We both started to come back to church full-on at roughly the same time and we helped each other A LOT!
I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to be there when he decided he was going to serve, and when he got his call, and to see him off. Seeing him go through all that was such a testimony builder for me.
We also did A LOT like A LOT of REALLY stupid things together.... So I'm at a loss as to who will do any of this with me for the next 2 years?
Like I don't know anyone who would buy matching sweatsuits and run around at the Greycup with me wearing NBA headbands....or who would drive all the way to Great falls for lunch just because we can.... or who would drive all the way to Whistler for a weekend of snowboarding and have me back on time for meetings Monday morning...
This is the "after water-works" picture...I went for a drive after and ya haha I look like death....
But since I had my initial Cry I have been O.K. he is doing great and since this will be the last Blog about Mr. Brett I'll share a little picture he sent me....
He called this pic "Me and the Kids"
Cause he is the oldest Elder by far where he is... hahaha
Good Luck Elder Olsen!!
Your gonna dominate the South!
Take care!
Bye Bye Brett

I've never had to say goodbye to a missionary that I was super close to. I can't sympathize but I wish you were here to adventure with me. I love you soooo much! I miss you like crazy!
ReplyDeleteKayla! this post made me so happy and so sad! I am so happy Brett is on a mission- so so happy! But I feel so sad that you have to be apart for 2 years! :( ps. let's get together soon!
ReplyDelete