Day 1- thursday August 26 2010We drove to Waterton Lakes National Park (one of my favorite places of all time) we started our journey about 3 hours later than anticipated- I take full responsibility for that. Anyway got to Waterton @ about 10:30 that night to find no one at the gates to the park...... so got in for free. BONUS haha. got to the park and it was Raining. "Brett I am not starting this road trip camping in the rain and getting all our stuff soaked- lets set up in a camp kitchen"
Lovely sign right down the Road from our inconspicuous camp site. So after a good laugh and a pat on the back for not getting caught we continue our search for running water. Brett and I decided on this trip that whenever we are together our I.Q.'s drop by about 150 points you will come to understand as the rest of our trip is revealed. We seem to both have a major case of A.D.D. and on our way to the running water discovered some wild life. so we jumped at the opportunity to create the first episode of our new outdoor reality show which will be called B-K Country.
This lovely little Bambi apears to be upset with me at first if you notice his legs he scratches the ground as if getting ready to charge at me. However later on he realizes I am not a threat and begins to chew on my shirt. They call me the deer whisperer. We became the best of friends.
TADA!!!!! Welcome to CRYPT Lake
Crypt Lake was SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOO gorgeous!!!! most of the other people that did the hike stopped on the beach, ate their lunch and then headed back down. Brett and I decided to take the trail and walk around the lake up to where all the snow was. SO WORTH IT!! this place was absolutely beautifull!!
Here comes the Ferry to pick us all up! what an Amazing day! We Barely made it back in time for the boat because we are so A.D.D. hence the lack of pictures on the way back down from the lake we had to bag all the way down. So back to my secret Detroit Rapper Identity, on the way back to waterton on the Ferry it was much warmer than it had been that morning so there were about 20 people on the top deck with us this time....Brett decided to place a little wager and bet me lunch that I wouldnt "breakdance" and or "rap" in front of all these people....little does Brett know I dont turn down free Food....
Once the Ferry docked we headed to the camp ground for some free showers....afterall we did camp in waterton so we felt entitled to our shower. Went to the Candy store and the ice cream shop because well you can't go to waterton without going there it just wouldn't be right.
We were both Pretty Bagged after a full day of hiking..... but the show must go on! It was time to head to Montana for our Glacier National Park Adventure.......
To Be Continued

Oh my word. I don't think there is even a dull moment in your life! The pictures look stunning! I want to go super badly!!! Love You!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete